Throughout the years we have had the privilege of working with hundreds of yoga studios that have helped shape our business and become a part of our story. We want to give back to the yoga community and open up the floor for studios to share their stories with us. To do this we’ve launched a Yoga Studio Spotlight section on our blog. We will select a yoga studio we have worked with and invite the owners to share their story.
If you’re interested in having your studio featured please email evelyn@HeatingGreen.com
For this Yoga Studio Spotlight we’re featuring a yoga studio in Canfield, Ohio. Hear from Studio Oxygen’s owner Marianne Hritz who discovered yoga 16 years ago.
- Tell us a little about your background in yoga. I have been practicing since 2000. As a fitness instructor, personal trainer (since early 90’s) – I was highly attracted to the Power Yoga and making it hot was an added bonus! The love story begins there. Upon completion of my 200 hours through Yogafit – I wanted more! I went to every training, conference, weekend immersions humanly possible. The dream of owning a studio manifested for some time. It was a thought, fantasy, dream that originated deep within my heart & soul and came to fruition in 2006. My studio was created out of pure love. I am the first studio in our area & the second location will be opening April 2016.
- What do you enjoy most about yoga? Everything from the physical aspects to the internal transformation. It has made me a better person. It has improved my relationship with myself, others and my faith.
- What inspired you to start a yoga studio? I knew how amazing it made me feel & I wanted to share it with the world.
- What do you think makes for a good yoga session? An authentic, well-trained teacher. I love when teachers are real. I love when they share some humor, I love a little inspiration. I love when the energy is light & I walk away feeling lighter. I love music & well thought out flow.
- Your studio obviously offers hot yoga. What are some of the benefits to practicing yoga in a hot environment? I believe the heat adds so much more to the practice. You are able to move with more freedom, more flexibility and more awareness, I love all the benefits of the heat & definitely appreciate being associated with a healthier heat – Heating Green.
- What advice would you give to prospective students who are on the fence about trying yoga or making the switch to hot yoga? I always recommend the heated classes that are less intense. We offer “Yoga Basics” I encourage them to try it because of the benefits affiliated with the heat & give them a list provided by Heating Green.
- What are some characteristics you look for in a studio? Energy doesn’t lie! You can feel the warmth of a studio – not just the heating system (but that helps too). I’ve been in a lot of studios & the hot, dry heat is just blowing on me! No thank you.
- How did you go about designing your space? Well, ten years ago – wasn’t so sure! Now that I’ve been open & experienced lots of growing pains – I have lots of new ideas! The new studio will be different. But it will have the same warm feeling by staff, decor & heating system.
- What were some of the biggest challenges you faced with your studio? How did you overcome them? Letting Go. Making everyone happy. Finally, I let go & I’m happy.
- If you had to start over would you make any changes? I have no regrets. It’s all a learning experience. And I’m doing it again based on the knowledge & experience I’ve gained over the past ten years.
- What has been the most rewarding part about the experience? When people tell me how much the studio has changed their lives! YES!
- What are your goals for the future of the studio? Expansion! More studios – More love.
Visit studio oxygen’s website or contact them at 330.702.9646 or email@example.com to learn more.